We apologize if you have experienced an issue using a plasmid that you received from Addgene.
As a non-profit scientific repository, we are unable to functionally test the plasmids we distribute and cannot troubleshoot problems with transfection, protein expression, or other functional issues. We recommend consulting the publication associated with the plasmid for additional information.
We will be happy to address any restriction digest or sequencing concerns that you might have. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Addgene order number
- Addgene plasmid ID number
- Data demonstrating the issue
For a diagnostic restriction digest of the plasmid, please include
- DNA ladder with band sizes labeled
- Digested sample labeled with the enzyme(s) used
- Undigested sample
For a Sanger sequencing result, please include
- The .ab1 file (also called a trace file or chromatogram)
- The sequence of the primer used to obtain the result
For a full plasmid sequencing result, please send
- The FASTA file
- Any additional relevant files, such as a histogram
We will check our stock of the plasmid and respond as soon as possible.