Viruses and virus associated DNA are shipped on dry ice to ensure the materials remain at the required temperature throughout transit.
- Shipments typically arrive in 1-2 business days
- We ship with enough dry ice to last approximately 3-5 days in transit
- Due to the time-sensitive nature of dry ice packages, we only ship domestic viral service orders Monday-Wednesday
- We ship via expedited service with enough dry ice to last approximately 3-5 days in transit.
- Due to the time-sensitive nature of dry ice packages, we schedule shipments to avoid delays due to courier closures over the weekend.
- Based on our understanding, some countries may require additional import documentation for viral vectors. Additionally, some countries have restrictions on particular aspects of viral shipping, including restrictions on dry ice and restrictions on particular genes. If you are unsure of your country’s requirements for importation, please check with your institution.
- While Addgene assists importation by including thorough shipping documents and following import procedure, it is the responsibility of the importer to complete any additional customs documentation that might be required. As the importer, you are also responsible for any additional taxes or fees that may be associated with your shipment. The courier will contact you directly regarding these charges, if applicable.
- After your order has shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number. We recommend that you closely track all shipments so that you can resolve any delays as quickly as possible.