Materials in each deposit are typically assigned to the institution at which the PI created the material. Thus, even if the PI has since moved to a new institution, the material is generally still owned by your institution. If your institution still owns the materials in the deposit, your institution will be listed as the Provider Institution on the deposit agreement.
Articles in this section
- How does Addgene acquire permission for storage, propagation, and distribution of materials?
- What is a One-Time Plasmid Deposit and Distribution Agreement?
- Will the plasmids our researchers deposit be available to for-profit institutions?
- The depositing PI is not currently at my institution. Do I still need to process the Deposit Agreement?
- The depositing scientist is no longer at our institution. Do we need to execute a new deposit agreement?
- One of our researchers modified a material they received from Addgene. What can they do with that modification?
- Does Addgene facilitate the transfer of commercial vectors?
- How can I access my Addgene records?