Addgene will only ship plasmids to academic and nonprofit institutions, unless we receive explicit approval from your institution's TTO. Addgene distributes nearly all materials under the Uniform Biological Materials Transfer Agreement (UBMTA), which restricts the use of the plasmids to non-commercial academic research purposes only, prohibits sharing of the original and unmodified plasmids outside of their laboratories, and requires acknowledgement of the providing scientist in publications.
Articles in this section
- How is Addgene allowed to collect and distribute my and my colleagues' plasmids?
- If I deposit, how will Addgene transfer my plasmids?
- What is the Deposit Agreement that is a part of the depositing process?
- After my lab deposited some materials, I received a questionnaire form. What is a questionnaire and why do I need to fill it out?
- Why do we need to sign a One-Time Plasmid Deposit and Distribution Agreement?
- How long will it take to approve my plasmid deposit?
- Will my deposited plasmids be available to for-profit institutions?
- Commercial Vectors: What types of plasmids does Addgene transfer?
- What is the OpenMTA?