Addgene Help Center

Return to

My plasmid requires special Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) forms to be transferred to other universities. What should I do?

Addgene uses the UBMTA, which is widely accepted by the NIH and most universities. Please check with your TTO if the plasmids you are depositing are patent protected or licensed to a third-party that may prevent their distribution.

If the plasmid you are depositing requires a special MTA form, please email it to We can typically add these extra terms, and requestors will have to agree to them and the UBMTA before obtaining the plasmids.

Powered by Zendesk