Yes, purchasing agents can place orders on behalf of requesting scientists by following our online ordering process.
During the online checkout process, you will need to list the Recipient Scientist and Principal Investigator requesting the materials, but can include your own name and email address in the contact section of the order. This will ensure that the Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) is generated correctly, while allowing you to be copied on all emails related to the order.
Once the order ships, both the Order Contact and Recipient Scientist will receive a shipping notification email with a tracking number.
Information required to place an order:
- The name and email address of the Recipient Scientist who will be working with the materials
- The name of the Principal Investigator (PI) of the lab where the materials will be used
- The name or catalog number of the items to be ordered
- Payment information (credit card or purchase order number)
- The shipping address and billing address (for more information about payment and billing, please visit our Pricing, Payment, And Billing FAQ)
Please note: To avoid duplicate orders, we ask that purchasing agents coordinate with the requesting scientist to determine who will place the order online. Entering incomplete or incorrect information during checkout may cause delays with the processing of your order.