Addgene distributes nearly all materials under the terms of the Uniform Biological Material Transfer Agreement (UBMTA), which allows you to share modifications (defined as any material created by you that contains or incorporates the originally-received material) with your academic and nonprofit colleagues for noncommercial research purposes only, provided that your institution executes the appropriate MTA. This includes sharing modifications through depositing at Addgene. Any additional uses, including commercial use or sending to a for-profit company, requires the permission of the depositing institution and any applicable third party rights holders.
- I am changing institutions, can I bring materials ordered from Addgene to my new location?
- One of our researchers modified a material they received from Addgene. What can they do with that modification?
- What is an MTA and why do I need one?
- How long will it take for my MTA to be approved? Can I speed up the process?
- What are institution forms?