The default terms for deposit agreements allows Addgene to transfer plasmids to academic and nonprofit institutions only. Unless specifically discussed and stated otherwise, Addgene will only transfer materials to other academic and nonprofit institutions. For more information about Addgene's industrial distribution program, click here.
Articles in this section
- How does Addgene acquire permission for storage, propagation, and distribution of materials?
- What is a One-Time Plasmid Deposit and Distribution Agreement?
- Will the plasmids our researchers deposit be available to for-profit institutions?
- The depositing PI is not currently at my institution. Do I still need to process the Deposit Agreement?
- The depositing scientist is no longer at our institution. Do we need to execute a new deposit agreement?
- One of our researchers modified a material they received from Addgene. What can they do with that modification?
- Does Addgene facilitate the transfer of commercial vectors?
- How can I access my Addgene records?