Addgene reserves the right to not accept a plasmid or collection. For example, we do not accept infectious DNA that requires biosafety conditions higher than Biosafety Level 1 (BSL-1), nor can we accept plasmids that will produce anything known to be hazardous to humans or animals when introduced into bacterial or mammalian cells.
Articles in this section
- What is needed to deposit with Addgene?
- Is there a cost to deposit plasmids?
- Is there a cost for requesting plasmids?
- Which plasmids should I deposit?
- Are there any plasmids that Addgene does not accept?
- If I have received a plasmid from another lab and then modified it in some way, can I submit this plasmid to Addgene?
- I have submitted information online for plasmids that I want to deposit, now what?
- What is in the "Deposit Kit"?
- Do I submit my plasmids as DNA or within bacteria?
- I am a new PI how do I deposit plasmids I made during my Postdoc?